Wednesday, July 30, 2008

For Once I Wish a Song Could Be Literal

On "Damaged", the song by that Pussycat Dolls wannabe group Danity Kane (terrible name, by the way):

Am I the only one who wants the song to be about a physically damaged heart, as in a defect or murmur?

Just kind of funny if you imagine they’re singing this to a doctor a surgeon, trying to find one who can repair their heart.

Hey, some of the lyrics could be interpreted that way if so desired:

Do, Do you got a first aid kit handy?
Do, Do you know how to patch up a wound?
Tell me, Are-are-are-are you?
Are you patient,
Understanding?
'Cause I might need some time to clear the hole in my heart and I
I've tried every remedy
And nothing seems to work for me

So how you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it?
(Baby, I gotta know)
How you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it?
(What you are gonna do, baby?)
How you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it?
(Baby, I gotta know)
How you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it?
(What you are gonna do?)


Edited to add: Ok, in the video they add in a little hospital storyline at the end. But don't watch it, it's boring. My idea is much better.

2 comments:

John said...

You're right, Danity Kane is a pretty terrible name. Does it mean something, or is it someone's name? Is there any significance to it at all?

That chorus just made me think of an episode of Futurama where their spaceship breaks down in the middle of a daring escape. When Leela tells Fry what the problem is, Fry's response is "fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it!
*inhales deeply*
fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it! fix it!"

Question: If you don't want us to watch the video, why bother linking to it?

MediaMaven said...

Those three minutes of my life where I watched the video (I had the song in my head) I want back.

Good point, though, on linking. More like if anyone actually feels the need to see what I'm talking about...

I don't know anything about Danity Kane, other than it's part of the Making the Band series. I refused to listen to the song for weeks because of its pedigree and because it's not good. And then the radio got me.

And I've actually seen that Futurama episode, so yay.